Sunday, July 10, 2011

Assignment One

a. Have you ever made art? What kind of art do you like?

I haven't made art before, or at least not physical art. I have however, composed and written sheet music as well as written several acting scenes. Personally, I like dramatic arts.



b. Have made a drawing, painting, sculpture?
no

c. Have you ever been to a museum, gallery, or artist studio?
yes.

d. Have you ever been to a play, opera, art film?
yes. I have been in several plays and musicals

e. Do you dance?
No

f. Under what conditions do you learn the most?
I learn the most in lectures and field experiences

g. Why are you taking this class?
I am taking this class in order to get more in touch with my creative side. Being a school teacher, one has to know how to creatively connect with one's students, and I think this class will help me do that.

h. Have you ever looked at at or anything really and been moved by what your eyes see?
yes. However, it was not a piece of artwork. It was an interaction between a mother and her newborn baby.

i. What inspires you?
The things I love inspire me. The things I love include my family, my boyfriend, and my passions in life.

j. Do you consider that movies are a form of art? How about video games, Comics, Television?
I consider movies as a form of art because they fall under dramatic arts. I also consider video games, comics, and television art because all three of those portray visual images for the enjoyment of society. All three also have elements of creativity as well as potential messages to their audiences.




k. Who decides what is good art?
I believe that the indvidual observing the art decides whether it is good art or not. I think that art is a very objective subject and its meaning can change from person to person.

l. When you debate music with your friends what are your critical elements or standards to which you hold the music to?
Lyrical content, rhythm, and potential message

m. What was the best movie you saw last year?
Waiting For Superman. This was a documentary that ventured deep into the American Education System and uncovered many flaws in our system.

n. What is an Art Film
If I had to guess, I believe an art film is a film that challenges viewers creative interpretation. So that viewers are left to analyze and interpret the movie's meaning.

o. What music is in your ipod or mp3 player, car, albumn
I listen to a little bit of everything. Primarily though, I listen to music in the top 40, R&B, or hip hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment