Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Assignment Seven: Music


When I began listening to Michael Bolton's rendition of Nessun Dorma I first could grasp that the song centered around love. Although Mr. Bolton's voice was very powerful at times, the lyrical flow of the music still possessed many romantic qualities. The mood of the song started off very slow and somewhat melancholy . During the beginning the volume of the song was also quiet. These characteristics lead me to infer that the beginning of the song was perhaps about losing a love interest. As I listened further the orchestra seemed to pick up volume and also began to use more dynamics. Mr. Bolton's voice also began to do the same so I figured that the mood changed from regret (or sadness) to redemption. During this part of the song Mr. Bolton's voice became more powerful and profound and his vocal energy remain that way until the end of the song.

I believe the artist who is most famous for singing this song is Pavarotti

No comments:

Post a Comment