Sunday, July 10, 2011

Museum Visit



1. Decribe- I was first drawn to Diane's Vase because of the use of bright and vivid colors. The artist, Janet Fish used a very colorful combination of pinks, yellows, greens, and blues to create this painting. This oil painting was done on a medium sized canvas and immediately attracted viewers because of her vibrant use of colors.

2. Analyze- In the painting the flowers in the vase are set outside on a white table. Initially, I assume that it is in the warmer months, perhaps somewhere between May and June. There also seems to be a colorful scarf on the table which may suggest that Diane (the owner of the flowers) just got in and put her belongings down. On the table there is also a bag of colorful candy (perhaps taffy) that she may have just bought home.

3.  Interpret- The vibe that I immediately got from this painting was happiness. With the color choice I experienced a sudden rush of joy and comfort. Then I as I began to sit and further observe the painting I just began to feel relaxed instead of joy. My joy actually became a relaxed happiness or sense of contentment.

4. Judge- I really did enjoy observing this painting. Out of all the paintings I saw at the museum this was the one painting that I was instantly drawn to. It was very appealing to my eyes and i took my to a very comforting summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment